Clone Evolution Review


  Sometimes the title of a video game will tell you exactly what it is and at the same time lie about whatever it is.  Clone Evolution by Feelingtouch HK is indeed a clone of so many mobile games out there but lacking on the whole evolution part.  They took the genre of hero collection and basically just slapped their art on it. 

The Game:   

  Clone Evolution is a hero collecting game where you will gather fragments of character in order to clone them.  These clones can be upgrades with more clones or by equipping them with weapons.  The clones can get up to 4 weapons.

  To gather fragments and items there is a map with nodes that, which are level with encounters. Each level is pre-set of enemies that you will auto fight with your clones.  After two attacks your clones will unleash a powerful attack on the enemy.  There seem to be PvP dungeons and raid dungeons but I was so turned off by the game so early I never made it past level 18.

  There is, of course, a premium currency that you can buy with real money to buy extra fragments and items.  This game has the VIP levels which give you special bonuses after an amount of money spent.  It also has the standard daily login. 

My Thoughts:

  Clone Evolution was one hell of a challenge to review.  I dropped this on my phone a few weeks ago when I wasn't sure I was going to have enough to write about and figured I would give it a try.  Immediately on opening it I knew what I was playing and my first thought was "not again!"  From the start, it feels like I have played this game before.  Like a Battlefield or Call of Duty it's like putting on the same shoes you just had on only this pair is far less comfortable.  This shoe is soaked in shit and has a small little rock rolling around the sole that you can't get out.

  One of the gimmicks of this game is the characters built in the likeness of popular figures.  I shit you not there is a Trump and Hillary character. In a time where politics has consumed every facet of everything the one thing we don't want is this shit in our games.  Who thought this was a good idea?  I am pretty sure the creator of this game as they also thought the rest of it was too.

  The only thing that makes this game slightly unique is the idle mechanic.  After you defeat a level your clones will continuously farm an area.  When you get back in you can collect what they have done.  If you go back in. 

  Really there was just nothing rewarding or redeeming in this title.  This gameplay has been rehashed hundreds of time with far more interesting universes and mechanics.  Even then those get boring real quick.  This is nothing more than a cash grab in the hopes to land a few whales to justify slapping these assets together in a game.  I can't really see how you can enjoy this but I guess some people out there do.  I just wouldn't recommend you wasting the time and data on this one.

TL;DR:

  Clone Evolution is another hero collection game for mobile devices and it sucks.

Comments